Having a proper hot water heater effects many different aspects of your day to day life. Residential water heating service from Mike Moore Plumbing & Septic is there to help you figure out and choose exactly what is right for your house.
One of the new hot water heater services which is offered is the option of having a tankless hot water heater. This tankless option is also known as an "on demand" system, since the water is heated immediately whenever it is needed. There's no need for a tank to keep hot water stored and waiting for use. The water is warmed to the desired temperature at the exact moment it is needed.
We provide repair and if needed replacement of all brands, sizes and models of water heaters including gas and electric. Getting the right size unit is important to ensure you have enough hot water when you need it. We can help you figure out the right size unit by spending a few minutes discussing water usage habits in your household.
Please take a look at the information about "selecting a water heater found at http://energy.gov/energysaver/articles/selecting-new-water-heater.
When selecting a new water heater for your home, choose a water heating system that will not only provide enough hot water but also that will do so energy efficiently, saving you money. This includes considering the different types of water heaters available and determining the right size and fuel source for your home. Check out the Energy Saver 101: Water Heating infographic to learn more about the different types of water heaters and how to select the right model for your home.
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS
It's a good idea to know the different types of water heaters available before you purchase one:
- Conventional storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir (storage tank) of hot water
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank
- Heat pump water heaters move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water
- Solar water heaters use the sun's heat to provide hot water
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home's space heating system to heat water
When selecting the best type and model of water heater for your home, consider the following:
- Fuel type, availability and cost.The fuel type or energy source you use for water heating will not only affect the water heater's annual operation costs but also its size and energy efficiency. See below for more on selecting fuel types.
- Size.To provide your household with enough hot water and to maximize efficiency, you need a properly sized water heater. Visit the pages on different types of water heaters (linked above) for more on sizing.
- Energy efficiency.To maximize your energy and cost savings, you want to know how energy efficient a water heater is before you purchase it. Visit the pages on different types of water heaters (linked above) for more on estimating energy efficiency.
- Costs.Before you purchase a water heater, it's also a good idea to estimate its annual operating costs and compare those costs with other less or more energy-efficient models. Visit the pages on different types of water heaters (linked above) for more on estimating costs.